Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Concept design - Hover Board

Though I'm not sure if I can call this concept design, I randomly made this while eating brunch. Originally it was suppose to be a penguin but the "wings" were way too long/low for a penguin. I then decided to make it into a bird, since it already had wings.. but once again I mess up and it didn't look anything like a bird anymore. Some way or another it slowly became like a craft and after putting in "details" such as:
  • indents for vents on the piece in the back
  • flat surface on the inside of the board (technically the top I suppose; where a person would stand)
  • the box like "nose" of the board
  • flattening the "wings" from the back sides; they were originally more round and "cylinder" like
  • several smoothing outs on the bottom of the board; closer to the nose and the wings
One day I'll probably make a 3-D digital version in Maya.
Image
deviantART link

No comments:

Post a Comment