Friday, August 10, 2012

Character Portrait - Heat Blast - part 2

Image

Original Character

All, but the glow on the fire, done with an [digital] airbrush. The glow of the fire was actually done with Corel Painter 12's F-X glow brush.
I think I took about 2 hours to color this in after have sketched out a "line art" version yesterday.

The background was pretty simple and random, mostly because I didn't know what sort of background to give him. I was going to draw him in a city street setting but decided against it and used a more green environment in an attempt to bring out the green of his eyes. (Did that even work?)
I also added a warm "aura" on the face and hair (a layer of red with about....20% opacity?)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, it's a lot better than my previous work (s) with just airbrush.



deviantART link

No comments:

Post a Comment