Thursday, August 16, 2012

Original Character - Portrait - Shadow part 2 (final)

1 hr 30 mins later

Image

Original Character - Portrait - colored - Shadow

The coloring for the hair probably took the longest, if not, then the second longest. I wanted to try getting as much detail into the hair as I could (without driving myself crazy). As for the dress, the shading and evening out of the shading took a decent amount of time as well.

I decided to try out the watercolor brushes for the background, in an attempt to make a less bland version. The Watercolor brushes didn't give the right effect I wanted (and were proving more trouble than worth) so I tried the Digital Watercolor brushes which, after trying a large majority of them, seemed to work. I actually found the Spatter Water brush by accident and ended up using it to give the background a little more uniqueness.

Brushes used:

Coloring on character (excluding the black/gray wisp from hand) - all done with a single brush: Soft Pressure Digital Airbrush

Background -  a large number of digital watercolor brushes; The dots were from using the Spatter Water brush (within Digital Watercolor brushes).

Black/gray wisp emitting from hand -  Real Tapered Watercolor brush

Total time spent (for coloring) : around 3-4 hours

deviantART link

No comments:

Post a Comment