Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Original Character - Spirit

Image

Original Character - Temporary name; still working on name.

After yesterday's test with watercolors for coloring, I really liked how the appearance turned out and wanted to color another drawing in with watercolors.

For this one though, I ended up using the Soft Pressure Airbrush to add in the "circle/dots" on the water.

All done in Corel Painter 12.

Sketch probably didn't take more than 30mins - 1 hr. The outlining + coloring took about 1 hr and 18 mins.  I probably would have taken less with the coloring if I didn't have issues with trying to get a good background. (In the video, you might see me trying out different brushes for the background but all of them left a streak behind the watercolor sadly.)

deviantART link

Time lapse recording video

No comments:

Post a Comment