Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DC Comics-Young Justice- Blue Beetle fan art (Birthday gift)


Jan 11th 2013 12:09 AM EST

I won't be posting this until after the 16th, since this is a birthday present for a friend and my WordPress being linked to Tumblr, which she does check time to time, would ruin the surprise.

I had to go through a few different characters in my head before selecting Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). I was going to paint the Justice League International, but since I don't know the members that well and Google images was giving me too many different rosters (though there were a few re-occuring members), I then proceeded to look for reference images for Guy Gardner, but I couldn't find a consistent hair style for him, thus leading me to Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) from Young Justice.

rough sketch and coloring, reference image rough sketch and coloring, reference image



Jan 11th 2013 5:01 pm EST

After reading yet another tutorial (tips) guide from deviantART, I gathered a few tips on different combinations of opacity and flow for brushes. With those tips, I continued coloring the fan art/birthday gift. I must say, a switch from 30%  opacity (for softness)  and 50% flow to a mix of  30% opacity 50% flow  and 70% opacity and 50% flow really does make differences for coloring. As for sketching I had to increase the flow to around 70-90% flow.

Blue Beetle-Ziggybday

No comments:

Post a Comment