Thursday, January 10, 2013

Original Character Inquirer - finished

10:29 pm EST

After being out and away from my computer for most of today until around 5pm when I finally came back home, I was able to continue working on the hair and finish the rest of the drawing. The problem with me splitting drawings up in progress with breaks is if someone asks me how long I took to finish the piece, I may not be able to give them an estimate...

Regardless, I digress.

Finishing up the hair, I played around with a few color choices for his clothing, especially so for his jacket. I wanted the colors to somewhat flow together with his hair, rather than his hair standing out too much. After looking at a few color theory tutorials (tips really) I had saved from deviantART, I decided with green (sea green in this case..or whatever color you'd call his hair) with orange (orange & brown from orange color ) and yellow.

Originally his jacket was a reddish brown but red is a contrast of green so I scraped that color choice. It was at this point I went to those color theory tips I had saved.

After making most of the color choices, I used the burn and dodge tool for the metal effect. I personally think I still need to work with using those tools but I think I was able to grasp a better feel for them this time. I suppose next time I use them I'll try playing around with the exposure percentage.

No background design for this guy as I couldn't think of a suitable background for him except for splashes and random grunge brushes using the colors I used.  After finishing up all the rest of the colors, I used two of the adjustment layers (Hue/Saturation and Brightness/Contrast). I turned up the Saturation and Contrast around 20 or so for both to end up with:

Inquirer character design

No comments:

Post a Comment