Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spring Lab/Showcase for IMM Program

12:51 AM EST
(IMM = Interactive Multimedia )

We (IMM Dept. and its students) held our annual Spring Lab ('showcase' of  students' work such as games from Games course, senior thesis projects of the seniors this year, animations, video, physical computing, apps, websites,etc).

As I am a senior and part of the Games course, I had Concept Art Cubes (my senior thesis) and Hawk- Z (my group project). Below are a few screenshots of the game my group has been working on this (entire school) year. Planning during the first semester (fall), implementation ,building and making of the game the 2nd semester (spring). I take no credit in the character and enemy models. 
My part in the project included the animatic, concept art and terrain building (mountains, trees, etc). You can see what each member of the group did towards the project. 

The lab itself was pretty successful I'd say. On a personal standpoint, my senior thesis' project concept and concept art were praised by friends. fellow IMM students and guests who came by to see the projects. Additionally, my group's game (Hawk-Z) got praised as well, appearance and challenge-ness. I personally saw only 3 people who actually "beat" our game One of which said he had to actually play our game seriously to beat it. The game might have been a little too  hard, but at the same time, many of the people who played the game didn't read the instructions...

No comments:

Post a Comment