Friday, June 7, 2013

I got a Character Design request!; character designs on wife

I was asked by a friend to design two characters he had in mind for his short: a short fat husband and tall skinny wife.

I'm writing this down on the blog mostly for my own memory's sake as I doubt I'll remember all of this when I wake up.
So far there's the short's details he told me ( I wont say in case he doesn't want to reveal yet, and I probably can't do it justice if I tried to explain it),

From listening to the short story details and doing a quick couple of sketches, I've decided upon:

Wife;

- tall,skinny

- " oh, what is my husband doing now?" Sort of reaction

- shoulder length hair, light brown? Blonde? Sharp on ends , goes with face ; maybe a slight bob style

- sharp face shape ,

- long enough neck ( nothing too crazy!)

- necklace,pearl

- short scarf , yellow?green?

- turtle neck shirt , elbow length

- short heels ( she's already tall. I believe these types of shoes would be called "pumps"? Even though I'm a girl, I'm behind with fashion terminology )

- lengthy skirt, "pinstripe" (Again, I don't know the right fashion term, but the outside if the shirt looks like it has lines on it but not striped pattern or plaid)



Husband:

- fat , short - knees should show a bit of this

- " the idiotic husband"? ; comical w/o trying to be comical

- short hair, parted in middle; brown

- mustache

- rounded face , almost oval?

- slight chin

- barely any visible neck

- leather flat shoes , black

- vest, green?red?

- tie, black ........ Actually, No tie. ( too troublesome for the husband to wear given his size)

- white dress shirt, no cuffs,loose collars

- dress pants (since they're usually look loose enough I think? I wouldn't know.), black

Picture
Notes as well as variations of initial ideas

I felt that having my blog as the first thing people see wasn't quite what I wanted so to combat this, I moved my artwork page to the first to be seen rather than my blog page. Hopefully it looks better?

 /edit 
As I mentioned in my previous blog posts, I was asked by a friend to draw/create the two characters for his short. Here's the wife, version 1.

The coloring is a lot rougher from my usual methods. I also tried setting the tablet pen's sensitivity lower than usual, to force myself to "paint" lightly. Hopefully this prevents my hand from getting too tense and cramping. 

Picture
Here's version 2 of the wife, for my friend's short. As with the first one, I didn't focus on the coloring as much as I would typically with my other work since I was more focused with getting the idea through rather than the coloring. 
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment