Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finally continuing comic I last worked on in Jan...

9:46 pm EST

The last time I worked on this comic was back in January, Jan 18th to be exact, and that was only up to page 6!
I stopped so early because, since I wanted to make the comic completely original, I was missing characters the main character would meet. It was time to go to the drawing board and create some characters! I was able to create a few 2 days later. 
Cog
Pitch
Volt
KRoo
White Lie

I told myself yesterday I'd start up my comic again and while trying to fall asleep, I was debating whether or not to use Photoshop or Manga Studio Debut. One of the main debates was the panels. Originally I was going to use Manga Studio since I haven't touched it since page 6. But the lack of painting and Photoshop-ness turned me away so I thought about making the panels in Manga Studio and opening the jpeg in SAI and coloring it there. By this morning when I sat down to sketch in the panels, I went with doing everything in Manga Studio. That lasted until about the 1st box when I decided to scrap it and do everything in Photoshop: panels, sketch, outline, coloring and text. 
I think from working originally in Manga Studio to finishing this in Photoshop, I took around 3-5 hours. If I had been decisive, I probably could have shaved off an hour. 

In addition to having color now, I made the comic 's reading direction left to right, instead of the previous right to left. 

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment