Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fight in the Distance - different coloring; plans for when I wake up. Also Instagram?

1:00 AM EST

This would be the second time this week I completely lost track of what time it was and ended up finding out that it was 1 AM. Coincidental? Maybe.
Anyways, I digress. After spending two days (not 24 hours straight) on matching the previous 6 pages of my comic with page 7's style, and finally catching up earlier today, I was able to finally work on coloring 'Fight in the Distance' concept. It took a while for me to get the right blending mode since "Normal" didn't look right even with opacity adjustments. The final decisions were a color wash layer (low saturation color under a multiply layer I believe) and a soft light layer with continuous buildup with a 6-15% opacity brush. 
Tomorrow's plans, as in when I wake up later today, will consist of coloring page 8, which I've already paneled and lined earlier this week, sketching up a new cover page for chapter 1. Hopefully I don't sleep in too late tomorrow and can finish those two tasks before the evening rolls in so I can switch to working on the 'Fight in the Distance' concept.
I may or may not start up recording my progress again. I think for the most part I can't record brainstorming since that'd be boring for viewers, maybe. I need to try creating a character without line art/sketching with lines. Once I know I'm comfortable with a certain method, I'll record stuff then. I know I can do that for environment paintings, at the very least in gray scale (values).
In other news, I finally decided to get Instagram and plan on using it to take reference photo shots. It might be a while before I get any photos taken though. 
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment