Monday, August 5, 2013

Fight in the Distance - more colors

Wow, my muscles are still terribly sore but at least my neck muscles aren't as sore as yesterday. It was horrible, as in terribly uncomfortable, trying to sleep with my neck, upper arm, and thigh muscles hurting!
In other ramblings, I finally got myself to work on the Fight in the Distance concept. I can't seem to get a finished look on it but I think it's because I went with the values first route. I remember reading on someone's blog that that concept artist usually doesn't use values on environment concept art. I figure the reason might be toggling the black and white feature in Photoshop would help figure out if the values still read while using color to paint in the concept.
Even after color balancing and adjusting the saturation, it doesn't look very finished so I think I need to try the method with not painting in the values. I'm going to have to look back at the videos I saw with digital painting environments and seeing how some artists go about with their process.




No comments:

Post a Comment