Friday, August 16, 2013

Lady Arachnid - original character design, colored

I fixed the hair color and fixed up the right part of the image. Additionally I added some quick shadows. 

In the meantime, I accidentally found a full game play through of Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Asylum! I really do love the amount of work put into these two games; the challenges, characters movement, combat, story, plot,etc. I might be a bit bias though as I'm a fan of DC and Marvel, haha.

On a different note, I realized I haven't worked on my comic in a few days. Pages 9 and 10 are sketched up but haven't been colored. I'm trying to think of what to put on page 11 since at the moment the story seems to jump from the main character, to the groups to the main character's brother and cousin. I need something to tie everything together again.



 One plan to connect the brother with the groups who are dealing with the bio hazard issue at Curquil City, which was hinted when the brother saw the "welcome" sign. One of the 3 groups sent to the city needs to find the brother though. But before that, the main character had to have mentioned about the brother and cousin, which wasn't shown in the panels where Cog questioned her but it's implied that she said something and Cog told her that the story was ridiculous.
I've got a few things I need to hint at in the pages.
The main character as well as the readers don't know if these people are the good guys or bad guys. They don't know who's side she's on either so that explains Cog's attitude towards her. I need to show that Cog can't prove or disprove her identity since she tech. doesn't exist in this world. But a chart does show readings that an odd reading was registered moments before they saw her on their machines. In addition, two other similar readings occurred on Earth, which leads to the possibility of her story holding some truth.
During this point in time, Group Q has encountered trouble with trying to stop the criminal.
They've radioed in at the main hub of their situation only to get interrupted by Spark Shock not following orders and saving Lee on her own accord at the risk of the city. This leads to a series of shouts back and forth from the main hub to Group Q. The main character manages to hear some of it while being in a sound proof room. Volt, after being asked by the main character what was wrong, realizes she possibly has super hearing. He inquires an explanation from her but even she doesn't really know how it's happening but mentions she had sensitive hearing back in her world.  Volt privately tells Cog this in person but at a later time. The organization has bigger worries with Spark Shock's actions and drama ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment