Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mandala - theme: Spirited Away

11: 04 pm Pacific



One of my final two assignments in my Color & Design class is the mandala. After listing several ideas and themes down, I finally narrowed down to Studio Ghlibi and ended up choosing Spirited Away since that was the one movie I knew best [from Studio Ghlibi] with Howl's Moving Castle as my personal second best known Miyazaki movie. 


I originally drew a smaller thumbnail version without references, unless you count my memory of the movie. For the full size version, I had to get references for things such as the paint on No Face's mask, the bathhouse and the tunnel and its statue. 


Next I need to digitally paint this in the color palette chosen and then paint 1/4 of it in gouache. I'm planning on finishing the digital painting part of this tonight if I can so I can get this printed and painted Thurs night  / Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment