Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Color and Mood study - (WIP)

11: 29 pm Pacific


Big note: I do not own this drawing! This is purely a color and mood study! Actual credit goes Kotaki Kekkai! If I did have anything to own, it'd just be the gouache painting job and the color palette. 


As a final for my Color and Design class, our choice for the "final" was between a Color and Mood or a Mandala painting, with the other painting due the week before our final was due. I figured I'd spend more time on the Color and Mood painting so I decided to have this as my final.
I was a little worried how the colors might turn out, though to be honest, I sorta searched for an  image after selecting the color palette...though I didn't have the mutes in mind. Another thing I'm worried about is the paint quality; it's probably not visible from the photo but on the top left there are some cracks on the paint and I'm trying to figure out how I'd fix that because that will definitely decrease the visual quality ('does it look nice?') as well as the paint job. I plan on waiting until after I finish the foreground colors before going back and attempting a fix. I wonder if I could peel off the cracked paint layer... but how can I do so without ruining the board and the surrounding paint. I really don't want to start over; I already have to start over my mandala piece if I plan on fixing it and re-submitting for a better grade. I need to remind myself that I should not continue to work on the mandala until this painting is fully complete, that way I don't cause this painting to suffer.
I wonder if the dark purple in the sky (the one closest to the horizon line of the image) is too saturated as a background color; I get the feeling it is. I will try on the side of the illustration board what a gray-ed purple looks like. But, ah....foreground should be tinted not toned or shaded.... hmmm I guess I'll leave it for now and re-check my notes after I fix those cracks, which will be after I finish the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment