Monday, March 10, 2014

I really need to speed up my working process!

6:32 pm Pacific

Today started out pretty poorly since my laptop's time was ahead by an hour, of the new time. I don't know what went wrong since it was perfectly fine and accurate yesterday, after the Daylight Savings change. I nearly panicked when I thought I messed up with the time change on both my cellphone and desk clock but it turns out the Windows Time servers were being odd. Thank goodness, otherwise, I would have to catch a later bus and been late to my class this morning.
During my Figure Modeling class today, I realized how slow my modeling speed is; it might be faster than day 1 of class but it took me two hours to make a rectangular box for the hip box. Then again, so did a lot of my classmates. I guess maybe the reason why I think I need to speed up my process is because it took me too long to remove the clay of my [clay model] foot off my homework board. It took a lot of watering and jabs at the underside of it to finally remove it. Unfortunately, that meant lost time for getting the basic shapes and angles done for today's class. It also took me a while to get the egg shape of the ribcage. I needed a refresher I guess because it took me a while to get it right as well. It had more volume (width) from the sides than need be. In hindsight, I should have dismantled my clay foot model after class so I could spend more class time working on the model instead. Lesson learned. Additional lesson: I need to water down my homework board more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment