Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wacom Intuous Pro- decisions , decisions

4:54 pm Pacific

I'm currently debating about if (or possibly when) I should buy an Intuos Pro. I'm debating between 4 or 5. It looks  like 4 and 5 don't differ in the number of levels of pressure sensitivity like 3 and 4. I'm stuck on the price though and wondering if there would be a possibility of a sale, either by Wacom or on Amazon. I'm also trying to figure out if I really need the upgrade. I've read that the pressure sensitivity on Intuos is amazing and that buying one wouldn't make you regret it. I do plan on buying on but I just don't know when. I mean, right now, I'm using a Bamboo (Pen & Touch), which I believe the Bamboo series are now called Intuos and the Intuos are now called Intuos Pro. I know, or at least at the moment, the size I'd want to get is a medium. The small's active area is too mall for me. Actually, I wonder what's the active area size on my Bamboo.
Looks like it's almost 5 x 3 inch. Intuos Pro medium has an active area of 8x5, so it's slightly larger than my Bamboo, which is a good thing. The Large is pretty much letter size (~12 x 8 in).  I don't believe I need that big of an active area...maybe. I wonder how big the tablets are for those working in the industry.
Thinking about it now, when is a good time to upgrade? I'm still in school so I don't know how much outside work I could get done. Would the extra levels of pressure sensitivity make that much of a difference?

2 comments:

  1. depends on you for the sensitivity i have a friend who upgraded and his tablet became too sensitive that everytime he did a stroke it was just too dark or it makes a line when his pen isn't really touching the tablet so yea it depends on you. I would wait for a sale though graphic tablets are expensive >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, ouch! I hadn't thought about the "too sensitive" part yet!
      Yea I'm hoping for a sale during the holiday season; it also gives me more time to debate with myself haha.

      Delete