Saturday, April 5, 2014

Eventful weekend

So my weekend started out with seeing Captain America The Winter Soldier in theaters Friday morning, which by the way, people should definitely go see! Phase 2 is going to be awesome judging by the events that occur in Winter Soldier.

**SLIGHT SPOILER** (highlight to read)

After seeing Winter Soldier, recalling the events of Agents of SHIELD, especially the most recent episode, it made sense what was going on in both Winter Solider and Agents of SHIELD. I had a realization today that Agents of SHIELD is basically the events between Avengers and Winter Solider.  


**end spoiler **

After being super excited for what's to come in Phase 2 and realizing there's at least 3 movies next month that I want  to see, I had to settle down a little bit so I could work on comic pages (both my own and my friend's). Later in the evening, I got to meet up with some of my floor mates for some snacks and chatting and ended up playing Left for Dead 2 with one of them, haha. 

Then today, I went to a Costume Carnival. It's a drawing event that the Illustration Department holds every semester with a different theme. This semester's theme was something along the lines of people you meet while on the road. Each model has their own character. I didn't get to draw all of them; 1) I arrived late about an hour and a half and 2) I didn't go to the other room with other models in them. 

I don't know why I work right to left when I sketch... 
These were mostly 10 minute sketches, with the exception of those towards the end. 

I ended up slightly cartoon-izing the model while he was posing. 

10 minute sketches of some of the female models. 

I started taking more photos and the timed sessions kinda started to overlap so I didn't get the full 10 minutes on some of these. 

The models were great though! They gave a lot of character to their poses and like the one above, they provided a story to the pose too! 


2 comments:

  1. Nice sketches :D

    yea you basically have to watch: All IronMan movies, All Hulk Movies, All Thor Movies, All Captain America movies, All Avenger movies and All of SHIELD's episodes to get the most out of AVENGERS! heck i hear there's even gonna be a movie based on Black Widow and Hawkeye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      And hahah yes ! Good thing I've kept up with all of them ~ Can't wait for more Phase 2 movies!

      Wait, really!!!?

      Delete