Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Teens of Valor- Mess Hall (WIPs)

7/2/14 10pm GMT+8

I decided what I wanted to paint for this week's Teens of Valor update; the Mess Hall. Nope, not the "cafeteria" but I've decided to name it the "Mess Hall". It's a bunch of superheroes with a range of age, what's to say there aren't any messes in the future? *laugh*

If any of the visitors are wondering why I'm posting a Teens of Valor image in the middle of the week instead of the usual weekend date (Sunday), I'm posting the Work In Progress images, so the final image for the Teens of Valor update will still be uploaded/scheduled for Sunday.

With that said, here are the WIPs so far!
It took me a while to get a sketch I wanted down; I still didn't get the right look I wanted but after scrapping two or three of the initial sketches, I decided to just use the one I had and paint in the changes. Keeping it loose.

From the final sketch to the base paint application to a smoothed out, but still messy painting, I think I spent around 5 hours on it so far. I can't recall when I started after dinner so on the low side, 4 hours and on the high side about 5 - 5.5 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment