Thursday, March 12, 2015

We've started Full Value this week in Heads and Hands class

Two 60 mins ( three 20 mins) and one 20.
We used the pull out/ off with the eraser method. 
I also went ahead and bought a foam brush for smoothing out the charcoal instead of using my fingers. 

 
1 hour study (in 20 min intervals)
His hair highlight could have been done better but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Done mostly in charcoal pencil, my fingers and kneaded eraser. I used vine to tone the paper.

 

1 hour study (in 20 min intervals)
His eyes were difficult! They didn't turn out accurate despite how nicely the values turned out for the rest of the head/face. 
I used a combo of charcoal pencil and vine with a foam brush and kneaded eraser. 


20 minute one! Really glad with how much I was able to get done in the time given. Our instructor wanted to see how much we could get done in 20 minutes after spending 60 minutes on two drawings.
I think partial reason why I was able to get so much done, aside from the paper being toned already, was because the music was really upbeat and as a result , I drew faster. Though I think the head shape got disfigured along the way.
Another reason could be because I had a  much more focused use with  vine charcoal than charcoal pencil.


No comments:

Post a Comment