Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pasta Dinner still life - post critique changes

As the title says, these are post-critique edits! I can't recall if I made a post for pre-critique (50% and before turn-in), but I think for this painting , I completely forgot to take photos after the step, or before I began working on the next. I tend to do that for my digital work too...



Final edit was to include the shadow of the fork under, in the bowl. (That was some confusing wording.) I missed it originally since I was too overwhelmed by the pasta, and thought critique meant there was a shadow over the pasta from the fork, which, with this lighting, wasn't possible. It didn't help that my photo reference nearly lost that shadow! (Or perhaps the shadow was so close in value to the value of the bowl in shadow, that it got lost.)

No comments:

Post a Comment