Friday, December 29, 2017

Rainy Days and cars - studies

To train my eye, I spend a few days doing studies. 

Sunburst Peak, Mt. Assiniboine - photo study

Girl Jumping Over 
The original photo I studied from had a different background, one I wasn't happy with so I opted to make my own, using SketchUp. 




Painting studies from photos of wet rainy streets in the city was a lot of fun where I got to really bring in a lot of color and try painting the streets with all those colors. 



After the rainy street studies, I wanted to try my hand at vehicle paintings. 

The first car was a learning curve with its reflections on the metal from the photo but it was still a learning experience and another painting to add to my art mileage. 

The next car went a bit better in getting the silhouette down better and it was a + 1 to my mileage. 

Particularly the painting with the girl jumping, I was able to incorporate SketchUp in creating backgrounds and really try to get certain shapes down in the city architecture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment