Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Reign of Ice - Queen Crystallos' Scepter

Prop call out


Finding myself lacking in prop design work, I decided to take the Queen's scepter from my "Reign of Ice" project and create a prop design page.

For reference purposes, I made the top portion of the scepter due to how organic the shapes were. 

Originally, the design was something like this, but then I didn't like how similar the crystals looked in shape, so I changed it up. 

From there, I built up the scepter and adjusted along the way in terms of contrast and details.
In the end, due to the number of callouts, I decided to make a separate page for purely the callouts and textures. 



It was definitely a struggle to create the top wood piece of the scepter in Sculptris but it was worth the learning challenge. I was able to discover how to make shapes and pieces rather than faces. Eventually, I will try to learn how to lower the poly (triangle) count, haha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment