Sunday, May 27, 2012

Attempt at landscape artwork

I really wanted to draw something involving a cliff with a waterfall. For the past few days, possibly a week, I had the idea of drawing a small house on a cliff that had a waterfall nearby.

The rest of the sketch was purely as I went along. The river was partially already thought up of but the thought of connecting it to open water was thought of purely at the moment. I originally was thinking of a cliff for which the house was situated on, but the open water posed a problem in terms of perspective. I somehow thought of making the cliff as a mountain and added in an extra cliff behind/above the house.

The left of  the sketch was a bit of a blank for me early on until very last moment I thought of using the idea of perspectives and adding in a second cliff. I'm still debating if I want a person, or a person's shadow, on the left cliff to portray someone looking over this scenery.



1 comment:

  1. [...] (Continued from http://lillianchenartworks.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/attempt-at-landscape-artwork/ ) [...]

    ReplyDelete