Friday, May 25, 2012

Taking a pencil drawing into Painter and coloring it

Pencil sketch on lined paper. I'm going to draw the line art of it in a separate layer in Painter and then go on from there. 
The line art (more or less). Most likely, as usual, I'll change something midway and alter it.

Not showing step by step process as I did with my previous post - all the brushes used then were used now with the exception of the Real Wet Oil> Wet Blender
The Real Wet Oil > Wet Blender was a choice I made on my own, no videos this time, as a brush choice to use for lighting the jacket.

Another new brush I decided to use is the Blenders> Grainy Water. I used it on the jacket after adding in the lighting on the jacket.

Colored version - currently missing background.
(deviantART image link )


Got a little lazy with the background and didn't put as much effort. Basically used 3-4 colors for the sky, 1 for the clouds, 4 for the rocks and 3-5 for the ground and its effects. Then I blended everything with Blenders > Grainy Water.

deviantART image link

Realized I forgot my signature as well as dirt on her knee (closest to the ground) and her boot. I still feel like I'm missing details...
deviantART image link

No comments:

Post a Comment