Thursday, May 17, 2012

(Outline &) Coloring in Painter 12

I took the tip I found in a youtube video of  having each line art part (for example, hair, skin, eyes, shirt,etc) as each its own layer. With another video, I decided to try out the Oils> Details Oils Brush  for outlining the sketch.

I personally like the finished outline the Oils > Details Oils Brush gives.


For coloring, I'm going to try out Real Wet Oil > Wet Oil (also due to another video). 
Lower the opacity in the layer you're coloring in, so you can see the layer underneath (the outline /line art). Paint using a base color in a big brush size then go back and erase the colors outside of the area you want it in. 

Base colors are set in, with the exception of the eyes. I'm planning on doing the eyes as well as the rest of the face details last. 

I used Real Wet Oils > Wet Grainy as my brush for shadows. Same idea; paint in a big brush size then go back and erase stray marks and fill in anything missed. For the skirt however, I'm going to play around with the pressure of the brush and try to make the shadow more "gradient" like. 

I used Tinting > Directional Diffuser to "even out" the shading with the dress (I then discovered I could use the "Pick Up Underlying Color"  in the layers window to my advantage and proceeded to use blending brushes (Oily blender and Grainy Blender). 

More shadowing/folds details drawn in with Real Wet Oil > Wet Grainy. Then blending with brushes mentioned above. 



Digital Soft Pressure Soft Airbrush and Detail Airbrush for the eyes. I played around with the dab opacity as well as pen pressure. Further detail will be added using Pencil > Oily Colored Pencil

Background was simple brush through with Wet Oil brush.




No comments:

Post a Comment