Friday, May 18, 2012

playing around with hair

Figured I'd start somewhere and decided to play around with hairstyles while reading some tips. 


Originally I was going to try drawing male hair (since my previous drawing was a female). But the hair didn't turn out right; a bit too cartoonish/odd. 
This is a G-Pen outline of part of the original sketch. I then dried to add detail and fine-tune it a bit. I didn't draw in the eyes just yet. 

I decided to go back to step 1 and make a new sketch...which ended up looking like this:

Modifying it, which included playing around with the collar and trying out different designs before just settling with the basic shape I originally had. Outlining with a G pen I got this: 
Sadly, her eyes aren't exactly correct in terms of placement...her left eye (image right) is too close to the ear/far from the right eye.



I think though I should start drawing stuff in Painter and outlining it in there. Resizing each drawing from Manga Studio to a suitable canvas size (something not  4000 x 7000 pixels) would be nice...



No comments:

Post a Comment