Thursday, June 27, 2013

Leap, Jump Forward - brainstorm, sketch and testing colors

5:15 pm EST

Working on another concept. I couldn't find good references for what I wanted to portray originally so it's a little altered. Originally the concept was a person jumping, from a far back point of reference, forward. 
You can see my brainstorming on the sides. 
Picture
6:15 pm EST

Fixed up the sketch before making dinner.
Thank goodness for the flip image option in Photoshop! I was able to fix the image right arm and the face, for the most part. 

The background is kind of simple at the moment; I don't know if I want to add more detail or keep it simple. At the moment, I'm thinking of keeping it simple, most likely a water pond.
Picture
11:18 pm EST

I've added a little more detail to the background and tried out some colors.

Originally I was going to revert back to a 'values first, color overlay and multiply over those values' method but the colors didn't quite look right. It could be that I didn't smooth out the values very well so that could have played a part in it. 
For now, I've decided to paint on base mixes of color on one layer, at 70 % opacity and then make more layers of overlays and multiply when I need shadows.


But right now... I need to sleep, I keep yawning to the point of tears.
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment