Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fight in the Distance - experimenting

10:10 pm EST

Picture About 5 hours ago, I decided to try painting the colors on an overlay with only values under it. The image on the left would show the result. While it was different from my usual coloring attempts, it wasn't how I wanted the finished result to look. 
About 2 -3 hours ago I decided to paint on the base layer and see if that made any difference on what I had so far. (I took an hour break for dinner.)
Looking at the painting with the base layer there, it pretty much looked like my usual digital painting, which I was trying improve. So I decided to scrap both the value layer and the current layers involving the colors. New experiment plan was to digitally paint this image, traditionally : layer by layer. Or at least attempt to. 


Colors overlaying the values, no base color layer.
Colors overlay base colors, over values.

11:28 pm EST

Continuing with one of the original experiments of only using 1 brush (hard opacity brush), I went with painting the digital painting, traditionally, or as close to traditional methods as possible. 

With no values layer, at the moment, I have the result shown in the image on the left. 

I also played around with some different layering combinations ( see images below). The rest weren't too unique. 

Sketch layer underneath color layer. Colors on 100% overlay. Sketch on 75% darken.
Colors layer over sketch layer. Colors on 100% multiply. Sketch on 75% darken


No comments:

Post a Comment