Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fight in the Distance - values, corrections

5:20 pm EST

Picture Originally I started painting in the values using the soft opacity brush, but I decided to try the hard brush instead. The image to the left is the rough application of the values. I'm going to go back in, toggling the sketch layer off and fixing the values from what I have. 
The image below is what I have to fix. Most, if not all, the basic shapes are there but it's obvious there's a lot of clean up to do still within the image. 
Picture

7:22 pm EST

As mentioned in my previous blog post, I wanted to work on the values without the sketch layer visible. 

Perhaps some parts of the values could have been better but overall I was able to get a good amount of detail in.
I'll come back to this painting tomorrow, with a fresh look, to make sure the values are what I want them to look like. Then it'll be time for the color stage. 

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment