Sunday, July 28, 2013

Watching movies for reference and as a fan

I spent earlier this afternoon re-watching The Incredible Hulk for mostly my fangirl heart though a few scenes were for research, such as destruction caused by large beings. I'll need to find more scenes to study damages to buildings, particularly the larger buildings. 
After finishing the movie, I spent about an hour or two planning out page 10 of my comic but at the moment, it's mostly text placement and outlines of the panels. The last panel of page 10 had a bit more time spent on it since I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted it to be like: a large panel, page spread or two panels in one. I finally decided on two panels in one but diagonally cut. 
I've noticed I spend too much time on the planning and sketching so for many of the beginning pages, I'll try various work methods to speed things along. Other experiments will include sketching and painting in a manner that won't cause so much tension on my drawing hand muscles. I believe I'm using too much wrist and not enough elbow or shoulder movement. But habit is going to be hard to break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment