Saturday, September 14, 2013

Been busy over the week with classes and assignments


3:25pm

I've been locking myself with my assignments the past few days and finally am on the last assignment I need to finish before next week's classes assignments get assigned.
I had a range of assignments in terms of how much time they would take me to finish. Nine step value gradation for my Color & Design class, which I had to finish before Monday morning's class, well basically by Sunday night. Charcoal drawings of 4 objects that are either cubes, cylinders, or cones (1 of each and then selection for 4th object) for Analysis of Form class which is Monday afternoons. Another charcoal drawing, but for my Figure Drawing classs, of two hand poses from life, which is due Tuesday afternoon. Then finally for Wednesday morning's class, Perspective, I have to design an isometric interior or exterior environment. It's optional to ink it but if we don't ink, our pencil drawings have to be super detailed, as if we were going to ink it. 

Color & Design assignment
The reason I knew I needed at least 2 days (nights) for working on this assignment was because of the amount of "squares" I would paint to get that gradation from white to black.
The professor said we'd most likely get around 27 squares to select our 9 swatches from, which by the way, had to be 1"x 1". When I was working on the squares, I was a little too careful with the gradation and kept putting too little of black into the white so I ended up with over 55 squares to select 27 from, to then select 9 from. I ended up having to paint more squares when I realized there was a very obvious gap between two grays in terms of gradation.
Putting the swatches together, both in terms of getting the correct size and layout, wasn't too bad. Things had to be very neat due to the "design" portion in the class's name.

The charcoal drawings for both Analysis of Form and Figure Drawing weren't too bad, just a lot of me nitpicking myself when I was drawing my hands and the objects but other than that, it didn't take too much time.

Perspective assignment ; sorry about the bad photo quality .
The sketch got laid out on sketchbook paper with a grid pattern underneath it (you can faintly see it in this photo.) There were so many erasures on my table last night when I was fixing the lines; I still had to fix the lines this morning and then moved onto the details portion.
I'll be inking this after lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment