Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Charcoal assignment, exhausting day and long blog post.

11:45 pm Pacific

Today was a long day for me, for many various reasons. I had an 8:30 am class so I'm physically (and possibly) mentally tired from waking up at 7am to get ready (breakfast, getting ready for class). The morning class went through well with nothing too crazy or exhausting. It was the roughly 2 hours break I had between my morning 5hr class and afternoon class that kinda rushed things and caused a series of exhaustive experiences. I was expecting a delivery of 5 items from the art store that I had ordered online on Aug 28th; it was only arriving today due to a hold on my order from no email asking for confirmation of my credit card sort of thing. (The person who explained it to me on the phone explained it a lot better than I just did.) Unfortunately for me, it arrived 5 minutes before I had to get to the shuttle for my afternoon class' location. As a result, as I was trying to adjust the large clipboard with my large notepad with slight frustration of trying to keep the notepad from slipping off the clips, I missed the shuttle and had to walk for 20 minutes to my class from my dorm, in the afternoon heat mind you. It wasn't fun the first time I missed the shuttle (though at that time, it was because I didn't wait for 1-2 more minutes to see if the shuttle was slightly late) to walk to my afternoon class in the heat and it certainly wasn't any different this afternoon.
Now I just need to wait for my next package to arrive tomorrow; I pray that it does otherwise I'm gonna be unprepared for Wednesday's morning's class.
In other news, I got to sharpen charcoal pencils with an x acto knife today. Luckily for me, I had enough visual reference from my parents , who sharpened regular pencils with the same method , and videos on Youtube to know how the process went, though I still ended up putting a bit too much pressure on the process and broke my first bit of charcoal. There was a guy in my class who had the unfortunate luck of breaking through many, even with hard charcoal , which is supposedly really hard to sharpen at all.
Now fast forward to about 8 or 9 pm Pacific. I spent the last 3-4 hours working on my assignment for my Analysis of Form class. It's not that it was difficult, but I really wanted to do a good job with it. Unfortunately, it's not 100% neat/clean as the previous marks of charcoal from my sketching of the objects couldn't be cleaned off with a kneaded eraser. Since I was using my kneaded eraser so often and it got pretty warm, my poor fingers got bits of the warm kneaded eraser stuck on them. Additionally, my fingers feel so sore right about now. I don't know if that's from the eraser or the many hours of sketching with charcoal.
Not related to school work or classes, I experienced my first foggy (and slightly drizzly it seemed) evening in San Fran since my arrival. I saw some morning fog when I landed last Wednesday
With all that's happened today, I'm physically tired and mentally tired as well though a shower did sorta help wake me up a little but I'm definitely heading to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment