Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sketches between yesterday and today.

9:05 pm Pacific

After all the initial craziness that comes with moving in, I finally was able to sit down and sketch yesterday.
Yesterday's inspiration was a photo of a sunflower.
An image of a sunflower leads me to sketch a person in sunflower themes clothes. I was going to say character but there's really not much character .






















































Today's inspiration was from when I walked to grab lunch at a mall and saw the back of a a pedestrian's shirt. It was an odd back in my opinion since there were 3 large holes in the back (and they weren't tear type of holes.)
I then got the idea to have something flaring out of those holes but I couldn't do fire since there's Cyndaquil, a Pokemon,  who follows that idea. Ice was my second choice but I reminded myself of Mr. Freeze from DC Comics.  So I decided on electricity or something that would give off that similar flare. 
I played around with the appearance; at first the idea was a rat like creature who had metal cylindrical tops on its back that would allow electricity to flare out from them but nothing really looked right. The flaring animal skull with slightly plasma like arms and tail looked odd and in my mind, looked like I slapped too many things together. I then proceeded with a metal mask that allowed some electricity to flare from the ears and mouth opening  and created arms and legs that would show that electricity coursed through this thing's body. 
The feet, however, was a totally flopped since it clashed with its robotic appearance.



No comments:

Post a Comment