Saturday, November 2, 2013

Torso - attempt 1

1:48 am Pacific


It still looks off to me and I think it's because of the breasts... 
On a different but similar/related topic, I feel like I really improved with this charcoal drawing compared to when I first started out/the first drapery. Even my instructor/professor says I'm one of the most improved in the class. (As far as I overheard/know, there's another person who's also improved from the start of class this semester.)
Edge control was definitely better in the torso drawing than it was in the drapery drawings. The background is a lot smoother too but heck did I use a lot of charcoal. Two to three layers of just vine charcoal, brushed off by chamois (I hope I spelled that right) and then gone over twice with charcoal pencil. Oh and of course smoothing or smudging with my fingers. I don't trust paper towels since it leaves gray dots where the charcoal paper has that texture. (Basically, in short, it takes too much off in my opinion.) But maybe that's a good thing? So you can still see the paper texture? Or is it a bad thing because you can still see the texture?

No comments:

Post a Comment