Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pokemon Month on Facebook 2013 - Blaziken fan art

4:56 pm Pacific



I don't know if it's still a thing, but a few of my friends still do this; on Facebook, December is Pokemon Month. The original "rules" I heard of the first year I did this, which I think was at least 2 years ago, was something along the lines that you had to change your profile picture every so often though I forgot the interval. Last year I digitally drew and painted Cubone as my Pokemon for the month and this year it's Blaziken. 


It's rough mostly because I was trying to go for a slightly minimalist feel but with natural brushes... I don't think that really went well together.
References were a bit of a trouble as well since ...let's just say that the Internet has really strange people. I was only able to find 3 good Blaziken references before I didn't want to see more of those strange...interpretations anymore. Another subject I was trying to find references for was jumping out of smoke but with the keywords I was using, I wasn't getting the images I wanted.
"Jumping out of clouds " gave me sky diving, "cartoon jump through cloud" gave me cartoon panels of clouds, "pop out of clouds" gave me pop-outs of clouds and so on. I ended up trying to use my visual library from manga I've read, either from panels or covers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment