Sunday, December 15, 2013

Spirited Away mandala - edited version , final WIP


8:04 pm Pacific 
Disclaimer: I don't own the images for the outermost rings (bathhouse and the tunnel gate); they were posterized from the original and I painted them in with the "background" colors of my color palette. 
Unfortunately, I can't recall who painted the original tunnel gate image (but it is searchable via Google images). The bathhouse image looked like it was from the movie itself. 

Unfortunately, the first version was too off center, as I mentioned in an earlier blog post, so I was able to repaint the whole mandala this weekend. I finished it last night actually and then completely forgot to blog about it! 
You can't see it from the photo due to the light from my lamp bouncing off the photo but I've added some line work on the painting as well. The background (outermost ring) and parts of the dragon as well as Chihiro got some line work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment