Thursday, January 30, 2014

Flour sack assignment

11:27 pm pacific 

I finally had an assignment after having only a purchasing type of an assignment for my first class of the semester. 
Flour sacks! 
It was a little difficult to think of a character out of a flour sack. I had to go through several thumbnail versions before picking 4. I just counted 11 in my sketchbook and I think I roughly drew 2 or 3 in my notepad during break in my class. 
I played around with the idea of superhero poses, like The Flash or Superman but the poses ended up changing a bit...
The one with the kendo stick is supposed to be leaning back but looking at it now, I need more soft dark shadows. But I shouldn't over-do it either...And the drawing really reminds me of Zelda when you find an item. Cue the "da da dadaa!" fanfare! I changed the top tip things, nubs,....what are those even called?

No comments:

Post a Comment