Monday, February 10, 2014

Exercise from grocery shopping

5:46 pm Pacific

I told myself I wouldn't carry more than 2 bags of groceries but I've managed to fill two bags completely full and they were *both* heavy. Usually I get only one bag that's heavier than the other, and that's usually when I go buy the 1 gal milk. That was the case today but I also decided to buy produce like carrots. It shouldn't have been so heavy but I guess the V8 cans added to the weight with 3 boxes of pasta and 1 big box (2 bags) of cereal. And I've said that I've been getting exercise while in San Francisco. Well....I have been since I have to either walk everywhere or take the bus for either groceries or class. The walk either supermarket is roughly 15-16 mins, in my walking speed. It's probably 20 mins for average walking speed.
Today I really did get a good exercise though since I sweated...though I don't know if that's because of the warmer weather with a light winter jacket or it's because of the weight of my groceries. It could be both. My shoulders were sore though.  I use past tense because I took a hot shower to loosen my muscles. The downside of living in the city as an out of state college student: lack of parking which means no cars available for when I'm buying groceries. It's fine when I don't buy 2 complete bags full of stuff but it was killer the first day of the Fall semester since I had 5 bags then. Ugh, I just moved my shoulders...they're sore. Present tense.

No comments:

Post a Comment