Thursday, February 13, 2014

free time during class ...in a way

11:25 pm Pacific

It's an odd explanation and it's not short. I have to take a class called Digital Media 1, which is basically Photoshop basics and using a camera to take photos for composition, lighting,etc. Since I know Photoshop pretty well, except for masks and textures which will be covered later in the semester, I, as well as some of the students who also know the basics, can sketch during class if we already know the material.

So that's how I have free time during class.
I had issues with figuring out what I wanted to paint last class; the furthest I got really was a fallen log in a forest but I didn't like it. Actually, I didn't like many of my quick paintings.
This week, today, I started out with the idea of an lighthouse on a cliff and the sea.

Then the remaining class time grew shorter so I saved this and decided to play around with some of the brush sets the classroom PS CS6 had, that I didn't have before sketching out a face, which on whim, turned into an elf. 
A holiday elf?
I think I had less than 15-20 mins left before class ended and I had to return the tablet pen so I could get my ID and catch the shuttle bus to my next class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment