Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lighting assignment included a theme for the last image

3:20 pm Pacific

For my Digital Media class, our assignment for this week was to take 8 technical lighting shots (one o which was the famous "ghoul lighting". For the last image, the 9th one, we were to create a image with the theme of "darkness rising". I took it as something creepy so I used the ghoul lighting but with the light source closer to the face for even more white. I used the original image and painted directly on top of it, smoothing out the pixels before changing it towards the theme. The version I had 2 days ago was more or less pumpkin skin, in terms of the bumps but not as obvious and a black robe and faded decorations. The neck, as it was in the original, was nearly white and decorated with pumpkin grooves. After thinking about it last night, I changed it even more from the previous version. Green hair to connect it to pumpkin vines and no neck to relate the idea of the Headless Horseman.  Additionally, I altered the lips from human to deformed carving since a pumpkin typically wouldn't have lips carved on it but I left the nose to keep the head between pumpkin and human.


No comments:

Post a Comment