Thursday, February 13, 2014

Worries over the winter weather on the east coast

11:14 am pacific 

I really hope my parents and friends on the east coast are going to be ok this winter. The snow has been really frequent this winter and there was the winter freeze during January, which I got to experience during my winter break. I'm worried this storm is going to be worse; it already sounds worse from what the winter storm warning on the weather channel said. I believe 10-12 inches and heavy snow. The two storms I went through during winter break were about 8 inches max; the first storm was fairly light while the one a few days before the end of my break was on the little bit heavier side but it still wasn't heavy snow. I'm worried that trees will fall due to the weight and then either cause structural damage on homes or electrical issues if they fall towards the power lines. 

And I know people who've already slipped on the ice; one of which was my dad and his hip got hurt from the fall. 
I heard from my mom that he'll at least close work early for the upcoming storm, which is good news. I was afraid he'd be stubborn like he was during that other storm during my winter break where he still went to work anyways even though travel wasn't advised ( according to the weather channel). The roads that day were horrendous as some streets weren't plowed while others were; our town was like that too. My house is pretty close to the next town so when their town plowed the street and ours didn't, it was visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment