Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Eerie Forest

A digital painting I started and attempted to finish within my last Digital Media 1 class today. I estimate around 3 hours of the class was actually spent on trying to refine this.
It started out with me drawing random lines to form something, which turned into a mini tidal wave being cast from the background into the foreground..which was a tree. I scrapped that doodle and kept the tree and built it around that. 


After those lines, I started blocking in values.

Then refined it.


Toggled back the gradient layer I had toggled off earlier during the value block in phase.


And finally adjusted color balance, hue and saturation and finally, exposure to create the final image. 


2 comments:

  1. Oooooh i like this it definitely lives up to it's name. Post it on DA so i can fave lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's in a queue of stuff to post. But I'm glad the eerie mood is there/visible!

      Delete