Saturday, September 13, 2014

Character re-redesign from well known story assignment

So I finally finished up the re-redesigns for the 3 of the 4 characters. The shapes that I wanted for the 3 stayed the same, except for Tinks, I made her more angular square shaped. I really hope I'm not told to start over again. Or at least get more critiques since my work was pretty much skipped right through with only 3 advices: "basically start over", "shapes are too similar except for this one" (croc-croc's) and "push shapes". Granted, the earlier work got too much time so towards the end of class, around 20-30 mins left, we still had 4-5 more people's work to go through. Mine was, I guess, similar in issues as other peoples' (push shapes, too similar) but I felt...gimped (?).

I don't know if I pushed it far enough; I did push it more than I did originally since I tried to go for a realistic approach. I'm still kinda going for a realistic approach with this but less realistic.

Rounder shape to match Peter's playfulness. 

Triangle for Hook's sharpness and villainy. Also added more references. 

Angular Square shape to represent her seriousness compared to Peter but not to the scale of villainy as Hook. Also added more references. 


Character Lineup 

Hopefully Croc Croc isn't too big compared to the other 3 characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment