Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Basically start over"

There's nothing more disheartening and unhelpful as that, in my opinion. 
Those character redesigns that I did over the weekend were too similar in shape, aside from Croc-Croc the shark. But to hear "start over" on no one else's but mine? That really weighed my heart down enough where I felt the need to write these words down. 
I get that I needed to push the shapes more, especially from the other critiques from other classmates' assignments but different words could have been used. Heck just even saying "push the shapes more" and "these three characters are too similar" was fine! I could take those critiques without a problem but " start over" made my heart drop and most likely my face to fall. I know I shouldn't be invested into my work; I'd probably hear other disapproves when I work in the industry. Heck I even knew I needed to work on my characters! But "start over". Those words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment