Friday, December 29, 2017

"Teens of Valor" - Bunk


After painting many exterior environment pieces, I had to change things up for myself and paint an interior setting.

As part of my redesigning phase for my comic, "Teens of Valor", I designed one of the rooms in the Tower. Plenty of prop designs in this piece. I had a ton of fun with the closet design particularly. 

Starting out, I absolutely had to sketch out thumbnails since my usual first ideas for interior shots end up being similar. 

After the rough sketch, I started adding in colors to see what worked. I went with more feminine colors as the characters that would be in this room, would be two young girls. 

The design for the closet doors were an accidental design from when I was splashing on colors; I liked the random dark spots on the surface and saw the potential designs I could make from it. 


Looking back, the perspective is a bit odd as the horizon line is floating above the door for parts. 
I will definitely need to either, draw a line drawing with correct perspective, or flip the canvas more. I can't recall if I actually did flip the canvas often when I was painting this piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment