Friday, December 29, 2017

"Teens of Valor" - Food Court

Taking an old idea (and painting), I wanted to design the Food Court into something more interesting with people and creatures around. The old design was an outside the food court - hallway view, which didn't allow me to really show the interior, and had empty tables everywhere. 

The thumbnail sketches ranged from the old, outside the door looking in view to stadium styled food court to multi-leveled food courts and eventually to a camera shot from the food tray area. 

In this one, I really wanted to make it a colorful, but not too crazy colorful, piece while showing off some characters interacting. 






I'm happy I got to show a more lived in environment such as the food court with actual characters in there, rather than just empty seats. Color wise, I think it turned out all right, though the yellow walls might be too contrasting to the purple floors. Maybe a more gray blue wallpaper , with a metal finish, or gloss finish would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment