Friday, March 9, 2018

Sparrow and Sparrow's Room

Sparrow's bedroom design

Sparrow's character design

Sketch using the SketchUp model as a base. 


Sketch of Sparrow's character design, before color

For the room design, I created the room shape (floor) first as a square before adding in the small closet space to break the stiffness (squareness) of the room design. 
The plan for this room design was to include the plants, mug and dragon sculpture I designed a while back. They're not as defined in the room painting as they were on their stand-alone prop sheet. 
It definitely was an fun experiment to paint a room in isometric. Fun enough that I decided to deign another room in isometric later.

I really went for loose sketching for the character design since I realized I start too quickly on details at times, loosing the line of action. 
I think I can call it a success in moving in the right direction since I was able to keep the sketch and design loose while only defining parts like the eyes, some of the folds and feet. The hands were kept a bit loose and simple, so going forward, I want to bring back some details into them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment