Friday, March 9, 2018

Retractable Shield - prop design

Prop design for Retractable Shield

In an older character design, I had thought up of this shield design in the thumbnail stages but never featured it. (I don't know why I didn't since it would have made the character more interesting.)
Hindsight is 20/20, haha!

The original feature of the shield was in its retracted state. I regretted the fact I never painted it in its extended state and been telling myself to make a prop sheet of the shield since then. 


I wanted to test out how keeping the lines would work for painting, since I usually get rid of the lines during the painting process after I get the main shapes in. 

Sadly, I still need to work how I layout prop designs since it's not as appealing as I'd like. I've seen some very nice looking layouts for weapon designs and definitely want to get to that clean layout with a good level of finish. Going forward, it's a goal I aim to reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment