Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I didn't want to go to sleep just yet, haha.

12:17 AM EST

After " finishing "* the Fight in the Distance concept, I didn't want to go to sleep just yet and spent 1-2 hours on this digital painting, including time spent deleting the original brainstorm.
The original brainstorm featured a valley of green hills with a river running through it with a large bird or dragon (or dragon bird) flying from the foreground to the background. But the image didn't look that interesting so I scrapped it and started anew and ended up with a cave.Then came everything else. 

The story idea I began to develop behind the image was something along the lines of some guy survives a crash or something that involved using a parachute and finds this cave. The guy ends up camping out and gathering materials to survive in this cave on some mountain before any help arrives. 

* The reason why I put finished in quotes was because I ended up deciding to continue coloring the Fight in the Distance concept. It'd be a shame if I didn't! This'll be my next large digital painting project, after the Sun Staff concept. 
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment