Friday, August 30, 2013

My feet are killing me from all the walking I've been doing these two days.

10:35 pm Pacific

Having went through Day 1 of living in San Fran, I can honestly say the weather is very fickle. This applies more so to the afternoon rather than the mornings or evenings. It's hot one moment and then when the wind blows it's cool/cold enough that you need to wear a jacket. The internet wasn't kidding when it said it's a good idea to bring a jacket with you always.
Supposedly it's pretty cold during the winter season here in San Fran but I don't know how that is compared to winter on the East Coast. I know it can get chilly so sweaters sound reasonable at the moment. I may have to pack some winter clothes from home when I go back during winter break. I know I have to bring a few random things I know I don't need.
I got to experience a few different forms of transportation today.
 Aside from car, I got to go on a cable car, MUNI (which is the bus system I believe or the bus trains...) and BART (which is the train system). Additionally I saw the many ways people can travel around in San Fran; aside from what I listed earlier, there were rental bikes and rental...small buggy like vehicles that looked amusing but made me question their safety. Oh that reminds me, there's such thing as a segway tour (basically a tour via segways, yes segways). My roommate pointed out an in progress segway tour as we were headed to Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf.

As a previous Interactive Multimedia major (from previous undergrad at TCNJ) , I was pretty happy to see a musical stairs in place at Pier 39.

I need to remind myself I need to buy a few more art supplies from the art store before classes start; I can buy those during a grocery run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment